Ok… almost caught up! Here’s the list for yesterday (10/13/2016):
- Grace and patience and mercy of God extended to me by other people–they are God’s hands and feet!
- I’m official– getting a work sweater! And it’ll be purple 🙂
- I was free yesterday afternoon, by God’s grace. It felt so good!
- Learning and adjusting to my financial responsibilities. Although adulting is so hard, I thank God that I am getting the hang of it. Paying rent, bills, insurance, etc… Not a lot of money left at the end of the week, but I am learning and growing!
- Nancy Nash. She is a wonderful lady! A gem!
- The miracle of sleeping and waking.
- The peace of God!
- I like music… and I am able to buy music, so I thank God for it.
- Reading Romans 4 again– Romans 4 was a major part in my decision in coming back to Amherst and work with Navs. I’m awaiting a revelation and deeper understanding of it.
- Harmony– not just in singing, but in life altogether.
- Hymns! I love hymns!!!!
- God’s unfailing covenant love.
- I don’t understand God (Genesis 15:17)… and I thank God for not understanding God.
- “Coram Deo” means “In the presence of God”.
- My sight/vision. I was very concerned yesterday. But I thank God that I will not lose my sight or vision!
- Being able to cook for the potluck going on today! I love to cook!!!! And I pray that they like it– I won’t be there 😦
- Strength and empowerment to go through life!
I know in the last post I mentioned not wanting to be behind on this… Well… I thank God for grace. No excuses– I just couldn’t type them up 😦
But here were the 16 things I was especially thankful for (on 10/12/2016):
- Waking up and making it to work… Slept at 2:30, woke up at around 7:30, needed to be at work at 8… Praise God for grace, mercy, protection– and I’m trying, believe me, to work on my sleeping schedule.
- My birthday was 8 days away hahah!
- Being able to share my testimony at Nav night
- Being at Nav night on Wednesday night and I guess, in general, being able to help with The Navigators on campus. Long story to that, and perhaps, God willing, I’ll share.
- Prayer. I really thank God that we can pray for one another.
- Being able to be available to help my friends out.
- Having older people, esp. women, willing to take me under their wings and teach/disciple me.
- House sitting– I house sat for the first time!!!
- Healing– I had a terrible stomach ache Wednesday morning, and I felt as if my stomach was going to explode, but God healed me!
- Being able to style my hair differently.
- BASIC Bible study.
- Leaning to embrace myself, flaws and all. And although I still have a long way to go, I thank God that I am not where I used to be in terms of my (low) self esteem.
- Being intentional, not just with this challenge, but with other things as well.
- Figuring out this game called Black Magic at Nav Night! It took me the whole night, but I got it– I promise, we’re God fearing, Jesus believing, Holy Spirit filled people 🙂
- I felt accomplished teaching others a new game! I am not cool at all, but the game was pretty cool haha!
- Being alive, alive (and thriving) enough to even stick with this challenge!